- Prowell, Stacy J., Carmen J. Trammell, Richard C. Linger, and Jesse H. Poore, Cleanroom Software Engineering: Technology and Process . Addison-Wesley: Reading, Massachusetts, 1999.
This text discusses Cleanroom techniques, mapping to the SEI CMM, and presents a substantial case study.
Copyright © 1999 Addison-Wesley Longman, Inc.
- Gibson, John P., ``Design and Implementation of the Cleanroom Process Database,'' (M.S. Thesis) The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, May 1995.
This thesis presents the design and implementation for the Cleanroom Process Database (CPD), a database to support a Cleanroom approach to software engineering.
Copyright © 1995 John Gibson
- Prowell, Stacy J., ``Impact of Sequence-Based Software Specification on Statistical Software Testing,'' Proceedings of the Second International Quality Week Europe, Software Research Institute, Inc., November 1998. [Slides]
The combination of sequence-based software specification with statistical software testing yields direct benefits of reduced start-up and communication overhead and the potential for automated generation of initial usage models and test oracles...
- Prowell, Stacy J., ``Sequence-Based Software Specification,'' (Ph.D. Dissertation) University of Tennessee, Knoxville, May 1996.
The primary result of this research is the sequence enumeration method of specification writing. Straightforward, systematic enumeration of all sequences to produce an arguably complete, consistent and correct specification is made practical by a collection of techniques based on controlling the growth of an inherently combinatorial process...
Copyright © 1996 Stacy Prowell
- Fetzer, Daniel T. ``Using Box Structure with the Z Notation,'' Proceedings of HICSS-25, IEEE, 1992.
The Box Structure Method (BSM) provides a framework that can be used to introduce formality into the requirements specification stage of software development. A method of requirments specification is presented which integrates the Z notation with BSM...
Copyright © 1992 IEEE
- Sayre, Kirk D., Jesse H. Poore, ``Partition Testing With Usage Models,'' Proceedings of the Harlan Mills Colloquium, IEEE, May 1999.
The fundamental statistical strategy of improving sampling efficiency through partitioning the population is applied to software testing...
Copyright © 1999 IEEE
- Poore, J. and C. Trammell, ``Application of Statistical Science to Testing and Evaluating Software Intensive Systems,'' in Science and Engineering in Software Development, IEEE Computer Society , 18 May 1999.